What is multiple sclerosis?
This is a condition that adversely affects the brain and the central nervous system. Women are more susceptible to the condition compared to men. It is more common to people aged between 15 to 60 years. The symptoms associated with the disease varies from one person to another depending on the body nerves that are affected. The late stage of the disease may cause total body paralysis. The disease has no cure but the management is aimed at prevent further deterioration.
The symptoms of the disease include:
- partial or permanent visual impairment- occurs to one eye at a time
- sharp pains in various parts of the body
- Baber chair symptoms where sudden sensations travel from neck to the spine.
- Prolonged Increased body fatigue
- Mood swings
- Bladder disfunction and pains in the bowel
- Dysarthria which leads to slow speech
- Unstable walking style
Why CBD Helps Multiple Sclerosis So Much
The cause of the disease is unknown. This is why so many people have been using cbd oil for multiple sclerosis. However, researchers link the cause condition to the immune system attacking central nervous system. The immune system is said to destroy myelin which is the enclosing safety cover of the nerves fiber ensuring a seamless communication between the brain and other parts of the body. This condition causes the nerves to be weak and can cause permanent damage. Certain factors accelerate the risk of one getting infected, among them include:
- Smoking- smokers exhibit more chances of getting the disease.
- Climatic condition- the disease is more common in countries where climate is temperate like New Zealand, Canada, south eastern Australia and Europe.
- Demography-It is common to people from northern Europe and rare to people in Africa and Asia.
- Certain viruses accelerate the likelihood of one getting infected like the Epstein-Barr virus.
- Genealogical history- more prevalent to families with history of the infection
- Immune disorders- people with immune system disorders have a high chance of contracting multiple sclerosis. such disorders include thyroid diseases.
All causes are not known, however.